Friday, March 23, 2012

Road to Recovery...

Well my friends, I thought this day would never come (hope I don't jinx it), but I am finally really starting to feel better. For those that don't know, I had been quite sick all of 2011. Speed forward to my cardiologist appointment in December-I was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm that put me in the high risk for rupture category! Talk about putting on the brakes! I am sure I saw my life flash before my eyes. I was scheduled for open heart surgery in January 2012 at Vancouver General Hospital. Thankfully everything went well, and here I am 9 weeks later ready to get back into the swing of things. I do have to be very careful still. I have to go for an MRI in June or July to determine what is going on inside & how everything healed. As well, this will determine how much work I can take on again, if I can go back to really getting into and teaching my classes as opposed to just instructing. This has given me LOTS of planning time for classe, and boy do I have some fantastic classes scheduled for the fall. Stay tuned for that announcement! As far as what is going on around the studio right now- Lauren is teaching some great classes over spring break. Monday's & Wednesday's 9:30 a bust your butt circuit class, as well as on Tuesday & Thursday 6:45. You still have time to check out the classes next week. Spring break special $10 per class. Then the schedule begins the following week. Not on the schedule is the newly announced Friday Morning Kick Your Butt class, it will be a 9:30 am time slot, just working on dates for that - keep your eye on that class, as it fills super quickly! I am so very thankful for the awesome group of Instructors that took over for me in my absence. Without them, I don't know what would have happened to the business. Thanks go out to Lauren Parker, Carmel Kachkowski, Julie Patan & Melissa Berrisford. You guys are awesome! I am collecting names for a June Men's Citness Class, dates and time TBA. Also, taking suggestions & input for scheduling, classes, formats, etc. These are your workouts, so I want to hear from you to see what you would like to have offered. Here are some suggestions I have had: Men's Classes 30 minute classes Open Studio time - for example between 6:30 am - noon, Monday, Wednesday & Friday, you could pop in at any time during those hours and do a pre set up workout that is geared to take you 30 minutes. Smaller group size classes - 3-5 participants Saturday Morning classes Informational workshops BCRPA approved workshops (still working on it, had nobody register last time!) Julie and I will be offering the REAL SOLUTIONS Weight Management Program again in the Fall. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this program, please be sure to let me know. If you require some motivational assistance while you wait for the classes to start up again, please contact me so we can work something out! Don't lose the motivation.Lots of exciting changes for that program in the fall as well. I certainly look forward to getting back and seeing all your smiling faces, and seeing some new ones! Sign up for classes soon at Summerland Physiotherapy. Some classes are already full! Gotta be quick... That is all for now, talk to you soon. Lisa And all the Instructors at AB:solution Pilates and Fitness Training Boutique Lauren Julie Carmel Melissa :)

1 comment:

Pilates Mama said...

I know there are spelling mistakes, my iPad won't let me go back and edit!